-
January 23rd, 2005, 08:00 PM
#1
Inactive Member
TV Legend Johnny Carson Dies at 79
Jan 23, 2:01 PM EST
The Associated Press
Johnny Carson, the "Tonight Show" TV host who served America a smooth nightcap of celebrity banter, droll comedy and heartland charm for 30 years, has died. He was 79.
"Mr. Carson passed away peacefully early Sunday morning," his nephew, Jeff Sotzing, told The Associated Press. "He was surrounded by his family, whose loss will be immeasurable. There will be no memorial service."
-
January 23rd, 2005, 08:03 PM
#2
Inactive Member
RIP
[img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
-
January 23rd, 2005, 08:07 PM
#3
HB Forum Owner
This is so horrible. Johnny is one of those guys you, or at least I, think of living forever. [img]frown.gif[/img]
R.I.P
-
January 23rd, 2005, 09:47 PM
#4
Inactive Member
-
January 23rd, 2005, 09:57 PM
#5
Inactive Member
I heard on the news that Johnny had been sending David Letterman jokes lately and Dave would work them into his opening monologue. Johnny would get the east coast feed of the show and watch to see if his jokes were used and then go to bed.
He was a funny guy, and I'm going to miss him.
-
January 23rd, 2005, 10:09 PM
#6
Inactive Member
-
January 23rd, 2005, 10:12 PM
#7
Inactive Member
I had a really tasteless reply here, but I did really like the guy, so I'll refrain.
[img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
-
January 23rd, 2005, 10:39 PM
#8
Inactive Member
That's so sad. [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
-
January 23rd, 2005, 10:46 PM
#9
Inactive Member
anyone recall when Bobcat Goldthwaite was on Leno?
he set his own chair ablaze, and Leno freaked on him.
Bobcat's reasoning for Leno spazzing was this:
"it was the only time the words "Tonight Show" and "on fire" were in the same sentence since Johnny retired."
-
January 24th, 2005, 12:36 AM
#10
Inactive Member
I watched him a 1000 times. He was the best at what he did. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks